Process Controls & Automation
Our Process Control and Automation Services experience is extensive and ranges from small service call support efforts through large turnkey automation projects. Stone’s capabilities in this area include the following:
- Front-end Engineering Support
- Electrical Design
- Control Panel Design
- Drawing Package / Schematic Development
- P&ID Creation and/or Verification & Updates
- Description of Operations
- Software Requirements Documentation
- PLC Programming, HMI Configuration
- Batch Software Development
- In-house Simulation and Testing
- Factory Acceptance Testing
Below are some of our services:
Stone considers Project Management a critical core competency. Our track record in project delivery is attributed not only to our experienced technical staff, but also to our project management capabilities, systems, and procedures. We use Deltek Vision, which is a comprehensive project management and accounting system, as the backbone of our PM infrastructure. We have developed our own internal PM training course and teach it to all employees.
- Managed multi discipline turnkey and automation projects in excess of $2MM.
- Specialize in Systems Integration projects, thus honing the unique project management requirements that accompany software projects.
- Utilize proven software development standards to reduce risks, including methods and procedures to track progress and ensure timely completion.
- Communicate effectively with client operations, maintenance, engineering, project management as well as other consultants to gather and provide needed information.
- We have a documented and proven standard project approach based on Deltek Vision.
- We can identify and document where you are and where you want to be.
Strategic plans for complete control system upgrades, total new system automation, information management, packaging line optimization, and MES/MOM projects including phased implementation schedules, estimated costs, and risk analysis.
- Clearly define exactly what and how the system will work.
Documenting functional requirements in a clear and concise manner. Developing system specifications that address reliability, flexibility, maintainability, and migratability.
- Control Panels, System Architectures, Networks, Instrumentation, electrical, control design, and bid packages.
Efficient system designs that focus on efficient installation and long term maintenance.
- We have a proven methodology to identify and document requirements, estimate cost and the business benefits, as well as address and mitigate risk.
- Evaluation of vendors, contract award, and supervision of installation.
Providing the link between the design and the installation. Being hands-on with vendors and contractors to insure an efficient installation.
- Developing all PLC logic from simple device control to advanced line control, batch, and process control.
- Development and configuration of HMI operational graphics, navigation, and security login setup.
- Developing both PLC and HMI standards or using proven standards and techniques that measure progress, insure success, and reduce risk.
- Developing and implementing IQ and OQ procedures for control systems.
Developing protocols, generating check sheets, and performing IQ and OQ for our systems and systems provided by other vendors.
- Unit operations and complete system testing before installation in the field.
Testing of modules of code against the functional specifications to insure high-quality software. Testing and simulation of the complete system to insure interoperability, stress test the system, and find the unknown in the lab before it finds us in the field.
- Complete support in the field to insure project success.
Insuring continuity of thought and efficiency. Send the project team to the field to check out and start up the complete system.
Training and Documentation
- Training of operations and engineering personnel with the documentation they need.
Critical to project success is the training of users and maintainers of the system.
Contact us to learn more about our services.